How can we tackle speeding vehicles?

The complaints about speeding vehicles that I receive are those on our local roads. In days gone by the Police would be vigorously enforcing this, but as time has gone by, we now sometimes have te rely on traffic calming measures to reduce speeding vehicles in built up areas.

So what can we do if you have a speeding issue in your area?

There are several actions that can be taken. These are often via the Local Highways Panel and will involve speaking with your local Councillors. 

Other actions that can be taken are Parish and Town Councils can purchase signage referred to as VAS/SID and some also operate Community Speedwatch Schemes,

Of course, the alternative is to report speeding and dangerous driving to the Extra Eyes scheme operated by Safer Essex.

I hope this gives a snapshot of the help that is available to residents when they have speeding concerns.

You might also be interest in these posts...

About the author 

James Newport

Essex County Councillor for Rayleigh North, Rochford District Councillor for Downhall & Rawreth and Rayleigh Town Councillor for Sweyne.

{"email":"Email address invalid","url":"Website address invalid","required":"Required field missing"}